The Hartford is committed to helping commercial property owners and managers manage their unique risks. With knowledgeable underwriters, comprehensive insurance solutions, and years of experience, you can confidently recommend The Hartford to your commerical real estate clients.
The Hartford writes many types of commercial real estate firms. Their appetite is for commercial property owners and managers that derive the majority of their income through the collection of rents and fees associated with these types of real estate: Office (classes A, B, and C), Industrial (manufacturing facilities, flex and R&D buildings, and distribution centers), and Retail (independent buildings, open air strip centers and enclosed malls).
Commerical property owners and managers not only get The Hartford's coverages and services, they also get the benefit of enhanced protections specifically designed for their industry. Some specialized covearges that can be added to a real estate risks include:
- Up to $100,000 Business Income to the owner of a retail center for loss of rent due to direct physical damage to the real property of an anchor store
- Up to $50,000 Business Income to the owner of a retail center for loss of rent due to direct physical damage to an adjacent property if access to the owner’s property is impeded
- Up to $50,000 Business Income for loss of rent if a tenant cancels their lease due to a covered cause of loss
- Up to $50,000 Business Income for loss of rent due to a contract, lease or license cancellation due to a covered interruption of business operation
- Asset Protection for owners who use triple net leases
- Marine coverage for new construction and installation of new equipment
- Choice of medical payment limits
- Coverage for newly aquired or formed LLCs & LLPs.
Excellent loss control that works with clients to mitigate risk and experienced claims specialists to help clients with difficult losses make The Harford the perfect solution for qualifying risks.
To consider real estate accounts, we will need acord applications along with the below supplemental. Additionally we will need loss runs and copies of lease agreement, service contract, and contractor/construction contract for any renovation/building project. The hartford wants to make sure that your client has the proper protections in place.
The Hartord also offers workers compensation, umbrella, marine, and professional coverage for Real Estate Clients.
If you have any questions about placing a real estate account, give us a call at 212-962-6555 or email. We look forward to helping you with you real estate risk.